Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 year old son has tried a few games on his computer. We just got it back from repair services once again from Cyber Pr Pc not sure if were are allowed to tpye the actual companies names on here..

We will never ever buy another computer from them this is our second pc from them. I told them I would contact my credit card company but the credit card company says their is nothing they can do for me..
We have sent it back in 3 times in a row and each time it comes back with something new wrong or has the same issue as before.

Anway everthing else seems to be running fine now even the first issue that we sent the computer in for to begin was finally fixed on the 3rd try. I can't remember what all they have replaced on it so far.

Now on to the gaming issue, he starts a game within about 5 minutes it freezes, crashes it's self or crashes the computer.
He started looking around online and tried several suggestions. he ran across one post that said it might be the power supply? I wanted to wait and get help here before we go out and buy a new one because I am not sending this thing back again to have something else go wrong 3 stinking times is enough.
I think the only two games he has installed since getting the computer back are Half-Life and Star Forge Alpha. I'd test it out right now but I don't want to have to deal with restarting the computer if it crashes.

We have not updated out computer since we received it back from repair services a few days ago.
We use a paid version of Kaspersky at the time of the crashes it wasn't installed.
The image contains his system info,
If different type of info is needed you might have to tell me how to get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
When it freezes or crashes, how do you correct that? Do you physically hit the power button or are you able to still manuever the mouse to restart the system? If you are restarting using the power button, does it power right back on with no problems? I'm asking this because it sounds like a heat issue. Games have a tendancy to heat up the graphics chip. If you have insufficient cooling then after it heats up enough the hardware stops to prevent damage.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When it freezes or crashes, how do you correct that? Do you physically hit the power button or are you able to still manuever the mouse to restart the system? If you are restarting using the power button, does it power right back on with no problems? I'm asking this because it sounds like a heat issue. Games have a tendancy to heat up the graphics chip. If you have insufficient cooling then after it heats up enough the hardware stops to prevent damage.
Thank you for replying...
I will ask him later today when he get's home from school and get you some better details of the issues he is having...
I have seen him have to do the button and I have also seen him do the Control alt delete thing and close it down in the running programs. I can't image it would be the heat issue since it even happens just after starting the computer and soon after the game has started. (Could it be over heating that quickly)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Heat can cause a computer to crash whilst booting up, or only when doing something which is highly demanding such as gaming. So, it is a possibility.

However, the graphics card or the PSU (power supply unit) sounds more likely. If you could provide the details as to these it would be helpful. Graphics card download and run PC wizard http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard/versions-history.html This program will also tell you the temps. If you could post the cards make and model along with the temps (at start up and whilst watching a video on youtube (or something similar).

For the PSU you need to look at the sticker on the side of it. This will tell you the make, model and power output. Please post them back here. Disconnect the power supply then all other cables, take the side panel off, look at the sticker. There's no reason to touch anything inside when doing this so its very easy to do.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heat can cause a computer to crash whilst booting up, or only when doing something which is highly demanding such as gaming. So, it is a possibility.

However, the graphics card or the PSU (power supply unit) sounds more likely. If you could provide the details as to these it would be helpful. Graphics card download and run PC wizard http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard/versions-history.html This program will also tell you the temps. If you could post the cards make and model along with the temps (at start up and whilst watching a video on youtube (or something similar).

For the PSU you need to look at the sticker on the side of it. This will tell you the make, model and power output. Please post them back here. Disconnect the power supply then all other cables, take the side panel off, look at the sticker. There's no reason to touch anything inside when doing this so its very easy to do.
~~PSU it is a Corsair TX750 model # CMPSU-750TXV2~~
~~ Video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570~~
~~Sound card only info I see is in the device manager under sound card thing is NVIDIA high definition audio ~~
I just downloaded PC Wizard and will run it shortly..

Thank you for helping..

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
You have a good quality power supply there, it could still have a fault but the chances of that are significantly lower as it is a good unit.

Download and install HWMonitor (its free).

Run the program and screenshot its window with your PC just sat idle at the desktop. Then leaving HWMonitor running start up a game and run it for a couple of minutes, it doesn't need to be long so hopefully won't crash. After a minute or so exit the game and screenshot HWmonitor again.

Post the two screenshots in a reply here.

·
Registered
619 Posts
PSU looks good
Temps look good

Please attach the dump file to you next reply

Graphics driver could be the issue please go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
select the device and operating system and download the latest driver from there.

Install the driver and restart the system, try playing a game.

If that doesn't fix it I would suggest switching out the RAM, looks like you have 8GB of RAM yet only Windows 7 32bit.(edit miss read)
But we can discuss looking at the RAM after you have tried the driver.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have 64 bit with 8 GB ram... I will check the driver and update later tonight on Friday night.

Thank you all... We have nothing but trouble with this computer for months.
I hope it's something that's easily fixable but the way it's looking so far I doubt that.

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
Additional

If you have an on-board video output (from the motherboard not the graphics card) I would suggest download the latest driver for the video card, remove the graphics card (make sure the computer is turned off) and plug the monitor into the on-board video output. Boot up the PC and remove all current drivers for the graphic card and shut down. Reinstall the graphics card and boot the PC. Now install the previously downloaded drivers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hum, I don't think that’s something, I can or anyone in the house for that matter.
Looks like I am going to have to send it back to crappy Cyber Pr Pc..
This will be the 4th time within about 3 months that's it has been sent back I can't remember all the issues it's had..
I even mentioned the last time that it was sent back that I wanted the whole system checked and fixed.

I just wish they would replace the whole inside? It is still under warranty.
What can I do to make them strip it down and repair it as a whole and test it thoroughly before they ship it back? I've been told once if it couldn't be fixed they would just probably have to have to replace everything. That was this last time.. Maybe I should verbally state a request for them to make it a complete replacement of everything?
Now, I think the first issue is starting back ticking as it runs (Sounds like the hard drive to me).
When the issue started before the computer would freeze and have to be shut down with the power button.

Let me think.
I think they had to replace the hard drive 2 maybe 3 times
Power Supply
I think possibly the motherboard
And maybe both the video card, sound card
And the CPU..
I wish I knew what my family did with the all the lists that show what they have replaced so far...

I just don't know what to do since we forked nearly 2,000 on this piece of manure in August of last year.
The other computer we had from them ran like a dream and we spent less on it.
I wish I could get them just to refund our money and take this piece of manure back, but it's too late and there is nothing our credit card company can do either.

Thanks, everyone.
~V

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are many more listed , I wasn't sure if you just needed the first one listed so I copied a few of the others too, it's about 5 pages long in the actual BlueScreen program.

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+1a6690 fffff800`03050000 fffff800`03636000 0x005e6000 0x5147d9c6 3/18/2013 10:21:42 PM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 6.1.7601.18113 (win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533) Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
hal.dll fffff800`03007000 fffff800`03050000 0x00049000 0x4ce7c669 11/20/2010 8:00:25 AM
kdcom.dll fffff800`00bab000 fffff800`00bb5000 0x0000a000 0x4d4d8061 2/5/2011 11:52:49 AM
mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll fffff880`00cc6000 fffff880`00d15000 0x0004f000 0x4ce7c737 11/20/2010 8:03:51 AM
PSHED.dll fffff880`00d15000 fffff880`00d29000 0x00014000 0x4a5be027 7/13/2009 8:32:23 PM Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\PSHED.dll
CLFS.SYS fffff880`00d29000 fffff880`00d87000 0x0005e000 0x4a5bc11d 7/13/2009 6:19:57 PM
CI.dll fffff880`00c00000 fffff880`00cc0000 0x000c0000 0x4ce7c944 11/20/2010 8:12:36 AM
Wdf01000.sys fffff880`00efb000 fffff880`00f9f000 0x000a4000 0x4a5bc19f 7/13/2009 6:22:07 PM
WDFLDR.SYS fffff880`00f9f000 fffff880`00fae000 0x0000f000 0x4a5bc11a 7/13/2009 6:19:54 PM
ACPI.sys fffff880`00e00000 fffff880`00e57000 0x00057000 0x4ce79294 11/20/2010 4:19:16 AM

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.