Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed 24 new XP computers in our K-12 lower school lab. In the morning all is fine and we are able to use all of the software that these students use in the lab. I am losing connection to the mapped drives.

The first class to use the lab has no problems. When the second class comes in (after 10 to 15 minutes) they cannot connect to the software the class before them was using.

I can see the mapped drive in My Computer {G:\server\shared folder}, there is not a red X showing loss of connection. However a message will come up eventually telling me that G:\ is not accessible. If I double click on the G: drive in My Computer I will eventually get the following message: "The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you."

If I reboot all is well until we try to get back into the application after someone has finished their lesson. We even have seen a few computers freeze during the lesson while using the application.

I have two servers that has been mapped one is a Windows 2000 and the second one is Windows 4.0. The XP has been updated to XP Version 2.

Lawrence

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.