Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired an old compaq lte 25 laptop and as there was no power, I purchased an a/c adapter (£80.00!!)

All that happens now is the amber light on the front of the battery cell lights up for a few hours (indicating charging?) then goes out. Still no power, not even a beep from the speaker!

Have I just wasted £80.00? I believe there to be another battery inside the unit, about 1" in diameter, If I replace this also, could that be the problem?

Does anyone know should the unit power up from the a/c adapter irrespective of battery requirements?

awaiting any reply, thanks, and happy new year!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
OMG! Finally after all this time google-searching, I found someone else with a similar problem. My LTE/25 will boot up after it's plugged in for an hour or so. after the battery charges for a while, the battery will keep it running for 90 minutes or so. I didn't think that was too bad, the battery must be in decent shape. If I don't have it plugged in constantly, it will always take an hour of being plugged in before it will power-on. It also will not run on A/C alone (with the battery out). Why is that? What is inside the "power converter" box? Is there another battery in there? I have suspected battery problems so I took my spare battery and tore it apart, then ran 12 volts from a regulated pwr supply straight to the battery connectors - it still wouldn't work.

I too have heard about an internal battery (RTC Battery) - is this what the problem is? Somebody has to know.

Roddy, did you fix your problem? Any reply with insight will be appreciated
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top