Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hullo all, my name is john and I am happy to have found a forum that appear to cater to hardware issues!

I won't go into too much specifics right now, but am just gong to throw out some feelers to see if anyone here can help with debugging my compaq evo (d51s p4celeron) pci issues. The machine is running debian and I have not been able to resolve issue myself after spending way too much time on it!

Basically the short of it is that under windowsxp it was not allowing pci cards to start (code 10 , device cannot start ) after instaling driver. After re-boot, oftentimes pther pci related drivers were suddely 'missing', although several re-boots would often solve that part, the actual slots could not be used. Under various linuxes, no apparent issue except that still cannot use pci slot devices, even tho logs show devices as present and 'recognized', just cannot get drivers to 'start' devices!? I am bummed right out because this is the best machine I have right now and the problems are really frusterating me!

To boot, the machine seems to run debian very slowly- the 400MHz amd I am using right now to type this out runs obviously faster, same os too (different port I guess, but still!)

I would appreciate any advice! I also have some other problems with the machine I'm on right now, but will post in other thread...cheers, jd

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.