Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a compaq presario 5000, the mouse curor keeps hanging and its driving me nuts!! I can be moving the mouse around and all the sudden the cursor just hangs for 3 seconds. also, if im typing, it will hang, i can be typing and all the sudden the lrs will stop showing up on the monitor for about 3 seconds, then they will pop up. The operating system is ME and it is maintained well and running fine, i think its some sort of hardware problem, any help here guys? thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
The problem might be that you are running low on Ram Memory. How many programs/processes do you have running it the background? Windows ME isn't very good with managing memory. It will hang if it gets overloaded. Plus it would be a good idea to check and make sure that you don't have any viruses or spyware infecting your computer. Spybot S&D with Ad Aware SE are good programs to have handy for spyware. Avg Free is good enough for viruses to keep you clean if you don't want to buy Norton or McAfee. Double check all that and get back to us...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have several startup programs disabled, i have the minimum needed for the system to run..i run spybot, adaware, ccleaner, panda, spyware blaster, and jv16 powertools every few days to keep it clean..it only does this cursor hanging sometimes, yesterday when i made this post it kept doing it bad, but it isnt doing it at all this morning..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.