Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
Where is the "Edit" button for editing replies to threads?
I edit many of my replies as I write them, but that does not appear to be an option right now.
Took me a while, too, Frank! The three dots open a small menu.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
We no longer have the "Trusted Advisor" banner, nor "Spam Fighter" banner on our avatar.

Is it possible to show new posts and users online on the right-hand side, like it used to?

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
So we will now need multiple clicks to see what we used to see just by observing? Not an improvement, IMHO.

Is there a way to customize the sidebar to remove the stuff we don't want to see? And, preferably, add the stuff we do want to see?

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
Isn't this setting:
Rectangle Font Magenta Parallel Pattern

supposed to eliminate this:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software
???

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
However, I noticed a transition issue in my account. All of my trophies are dated on one day. That would be September 7, 2022.
That appears to be common. That is the day the software went live. It's that way for all of us, I suspect. Not a big deal, really.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
Just noticed that our names do not show up below our avatars any longer. Another "feature"?

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
I lost my followers. I had about a dozen on the old forum.
Me, too, but I never knew most of them anyway. Not sure what that was all about in the first place ...

Reactions: lochlomonder

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
For the past few days I've not been receiving emails when someone posts in a thread I'm following.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
It just ain't the same. And there's no reason for them to try to make it the same as it was. It's a cookie-cutter site now. It has lost the familiar charm and comfort it once had, and seems more antiseptic, but that's the way it is and we'll need to learn to live with it. Or not ...

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
Any thoughts on my query about why I'm not receiving emails for threads I'm involved in? Or, I guess in your vernacular, "conversations I'm following" ...

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
It was working at first and just stopped around Friday or Saturday. Those settings are checked.

This happened once before and Mike helped because there was some issue between Comcast and TSG.

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
They have started flowing again. Thank you!

Reactions: vsadmin

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
You need to click on the 3-button kabob menu near the thread title to add a prefix.
Y'know. It would help if you quoted a bit of the message you are responding to. This has absolutely nothing to do with Randy's question, yet immediately follows it with no preface ...

Reactions: RT

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
We've been through all of this with them privately and they said they simply cannot change the permissions so that only the thread starter can reply to their own thread but no one else.
Maybe they should have picked the brain of the former owner, someone who could figure out all this stuff by himself. Just sayin' ... ;-)

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
Select "Edit" from there. You will be allowed to select a "Prefix" for the thread. Oddly enough, that's where you can have "Solved" appended to the beginning of the thread title. Real easy! Who needs a big "Solved" button when you can dive deep into obscure menus to find what you need? ;-)

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
I just do it manually, I havent been able to successfully do it otherwise for a couple years now.
I'm not not sure that's something I'd admit in public, Tim! ;-)

Reactions: valis

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down! ;-)

I believe you know me well enough to know I couldn't pass up an easy shot ... ;-)

Reactions: valis

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
I think I would like an answer as to why one guy could do it but a large company cannot.
I've wondered the same thing! I guess I'm getting more respect for Mike's talents! ;-)

Reactions: valis and RT

·
Trusted Advisor
127,420 Posts
Panos, look near the bottom of the FAQ.

Reactions: vsadmin
1 - 20 of 31 Posts