Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo! I bought the afore-mentioned game recently (yesterday, in fact) on a budget re-release from Sold Out. Trying to install it on my Windows 2000 system produces the error 'Sorry, this game will only run on Windows 95.' which is a load of balls, clearly.

So: any of you know of any commands or anything would could get this thing to force install? Help appreciated.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Copy all the files off your CD onto a folder on your hard drive, then try installing it from the hard drive. That should be able to get it installed, and then you will probably need a patch to get it to run correctly...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tims. I'm not sure it will work but I've got nothing to lose, so I'll give it a shot.

By the way, I found the patch to (apparently) make it run under Win 2000.

Waaaaiit a minute. I'd prefer if it was installed from the CD. If I copy the installation program to my hard drive, its encoded paths will probably become messed up. And if you're talking about EVERYTHING on the CD, whoah hey no. My hard drive only has about 200 MB left. I'd have to find some way of making space if I was to try that. But...sigh...I'll try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.