Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate any help in setting up colour management with my system which comprises Vista 32 Home premium, twin Lg L1920P monitors, and a basic Spyder 2 profiler. Although I shoot in RAW I normally use sRGB colour space as most of my work goes out to labs for printing, or to the web for slide shows.

I am now at the "totally confused, sod it all " stage and need some help to get back on track. Apart from general guidance I also need advice on the following specific areas:

1. After calibrating with Spyder 2 to 6500K and checking the before and after calibration pic I find that I prefer the Before setting because the After setting is too warm, particularly in the shadow areas. I considered leaving the monitor uncalibrated but Spyder says that the before pic may be clibrated with some other Look Up setting. I could try 9300K but its too cold and I always thought that 6500 was the standard for photos, its the setting I use on my cameras.

2. When using the L1920P I am uncertain as to which Lightview setting I should use when calibrating. Which mode and when ? If I calibrate using the User Mode do I view it in that mode at ALL times ?

3. If I calibrate and get a profile will it get screwed up If I then make an adjustment to RGB to correct the problem in 1. above ?

4. What settings should I use in Display Settings/Advanced/Colour Management/Devices and Advanced ?

5. I've heard about a tip to calibrate two screens on the Basic Spyder by using the mirror set up and placing the Spyder on the 2nd screen. Has anyone tried this ?

6. Whats the best way to adjust the two screen colours so that they look alike, and also how can I get my laptop screen to match my monitor screens ?

I appreciate its a complex area and compromise is inevitable so I would be grateful for assistance from anyone who has experience of these problems and the hardware used by myself. I'm not a beginner but I'm a photographer not a computer expert so please keep things fairly simple for me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.