Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK- i just had a huge problem with a computer i was given with my brother that i was able to fix thanks to those of you on this site, now- my new question- and possibly a very STUPID question is:

On my settings i ONLY have

16 Colors
2 Colors

How the heck do i get 16 Bit, and 256 like i have on my other computers? do i have to install a new card- or a software... or what? and if so- how much does something like that cost for an older compaq?

Please help me solve my rather- dumb question

I want to use my picture software and stuff on this desktop computer- but i really want everything to look REAL, and with 16 BIT i know it does- while with just 16, it all looks rather cruddy

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell ya the truth- i have no idea how to even find that on the computer... all i know is i received this computer from my brother and i had to reformat it...

Any ideas on how i can get this info for ya?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can't use your site because the computer im fixing has no connection to the internet.

I can only see two circut boards of ram and one modum... i don't see any other cards in there at all...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a Compaq Business Desktop i believe... the Serial is 6113 FHGZ C817 if you can find it online- do you have like... AIM or anything? i could take a picture of this thing and send it to you right quick if you'd like... cause im not seeing anything besides those three cards

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
19,786 Posts
You need to figure out the Make and Model of the computer. Then go to HP/compaq's website and they will have the correct Video Driver for you to download. I won't be able to tell by a picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.