Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some how my colors all got "reversed". It is almost like looking at a color negative. Some websites are "almost" correct, but have splashes of vivid colors. It seems that whatever should be white is blue/green.

This does not respond to the settings for normal color adjustment.
How can this be corrected?
Thanks. Bob

·
Super Moderator
74,137 Posts
Hi Bob, and welcome to TSG. Can you give us some more details?

Is this the built-in display for a laptop or a desktop PC with a separate monitor.

If it is a desktop, is the monitor CRT or LCD and what kind of connection does it use to the computer?

Do you have another monitor you can use for some testing?

·
Super Moderator
74,137 Posts
Any chance you can temporarily test it with an externally connected monitor? If so, have the computer set to clone the main screen to the external monitor so that they both show the same thing. If the external display looks OK, I would suspect that the laptop's LCD panel is failing.

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
See if you can fix it by pressing left ALT, left SHIFT, and Print Screen all at once. This turns on or off an Accessibility mode feature that inverts the screen colors (not sure why it could have any use, but somebody thought so).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried that key combination, no luck. It actually made it worse. I don't think it's the LCD panel because certain sites an programs are not greatly impacted.
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.