Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I haven't changed any settings or installed anything new, I'm having some problems with the color of, well, everything. Somehow, there's a purple tint coming from the right-hand side of the screen. Also, when I booted up, the usual all-black background (where WinXP is loading) was tinted with green on the left. I haven't got any error messages or anything telling me that something is wrong. There's also a faint line 'coming out' of the bottom of all the windows. I don't know if you can see it, but here's some screenshots:

Edit: Now there also purple lines coming out of nearly everything and the screen is flickering.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had a feeling it would be that way.

I've restarted my computer 3 times, and the purple tint is still coming from the right of the screen. Sometimes there's flickering and purple lines pop up everywhere.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, but I don't know how to get the specifics. *points to 'Computer Illiterate' status*

All I know is it's a CRT with a nVidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X.

Here's pretty much what it looks like (it doesn't only show up in the browser, but on the desktop as well, even when the computer is booting up except then it's tinted green on the left. Or sometimes 3/4 of the screen just appears to be tinted pink/purple in whole):

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.