Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. ive not used the forum for a while ... i guess things have been going a bit smoother than normal .. ha.

this is not hindering me from using the pc ... so i dont expect a fast answer if at all. ive been searching all day for a clue and so far all i could find is this may be a com or server related problem. this really confused me as im getting this in a image editor program !! mmmm .
i did a seach on this forum & found a link to a massive explanation about the whole system and likely trojans etc etc, in fact i was totally lost. but it was impressive.
story: im running XP sp3 and a farily std machine. i have a external soundcard and just added a ext dvd burner .. so nothing much there. the program im having probs with is IBM PerfectPhoto. ive been using it for ages. i know it inside out. it does some things i cant find in other programs. this may have happened a while ago as ive not really used the program for a while. ( within the last 6 mnths )
the fault: i load a picture image. when i go to the menu and copy or cut .. i get
" colnitialize has not been called" and the program is rendered useless !!! thats it.

so what have i done about it : i downloaded the HijackThis program and ran it. ive checked the notepad but cant really undestand whats right and wrong. by the way. i have a registry repair program that i run often and backup as well as the windows restore.
i cant help thinking its a conflict due to all the codecs and video stuff ive had to stick on the thing to make things work .. like quicktime and various other formats. !!!!

any clues ? thanks and sorry if its been discussed before. russ :up:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.