Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for help to solve my problem. My company's IT department is so far not able to find a solution.

Problem descriptiton --

I am using the CMD.exe console of my Win2000 (Sp4) to execute DOS batch file.
But 3 days ago on Monday morning, I found the typing response became very sluggish. In previous Friday, it was still OK, normal, fast response.
For example, I type the following command "Sellect name, id from Dept1". It displays slowly, about 1/4 of my typing speed. The backspace (<--) is also very slow.

Also, when I moving the console around, it is also sluggish, lagging behind my mouse motion.
It becomes very annoying to use the CMD.exe console.
(However, once execute the command, the content display speed seems pretty normal).

2 related issues might provide some clue for you --
(1) in the Window "Start" button (on the lower left corner of desk top),
the right click to display the Manuel is also noticeably lagging.
It does not respond quickly as before or as the XP I have on another machine.

(2) I install Symantec antivirus (corporate) edition, after finishing scan the folders, when I try to close antivirus (status) window, it take about 2 seconds to response and close. Normally, it will close right away.

But all other applications typing and displaying are pretty normal. No apparent lagging is found.

Is there something abnormal in my Win2K OS ?
I re-install (overwrite, not fresh -re-installtion) my OS twice and does not solve the problem.
IT departemnt is balr to to find the cause of the problem yet.

Does any one have any idea how to fix the problem.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My system is Dell Precision 640 with, 1G HZ, 1G RAM,
available memory is about 700MB - 500 MB.
the CDM console is slow even the CPU usage is only 2%.
There is no other application open/running, no backgroud running.

The OS is in C:/drive. In additon to OS, the only major application installed in C:/ drive is teh Lotus Note. The C: drive has about 550 MB space left (should be sufficient, I guess).

All major applications are installed in D:/ drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.