Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people :up:

I have a problem with my servers they are both 2k advanced both are using Pentium3 1ghz processor one has 1.5gb of mem and the other 2gb of ram.

My problem is i am running an e-mail service of which both servers is running lansuite 2004 with around 100 users one is processing incoming mail only, the other processors web mail access and pop3 etc.

The SMTP server processor is idle 98% of the time but the other server the processor is constanly at 95-100% in use and is heavily system resource deprived. I was considering if the cluster service that comes with 2k server would help this. I.e share processing load.

Please advise as i don`t want to waste time setting it up then finding out it won`t work or makes little or no difference.

Thanks in advanced

John

www.Daystorm.net

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
With that much memory I am not sure why your are running at that high of a CPU load. I really doubt clustering will help much. Are you running OWA for webmail access? There can be a lot of optimization done to IIS to make it use resources better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.