Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new computer so I'm cloning all the HD data to new computer. But if of course as I expected, the new computer not able to boot up as all the drivers are different. When the computer reboot it ask me if boot to normal windows or boot to safe mode. No matter I choose, it just stuck. I want to know if there is any way I can still boot into xp then install new drivers? I try to save time for not install all the software again. Thank on saving my time! Thank you

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Hi,

Just got a new computer so I'm cloning all the HD data to new computer. But if of course as I expected, the new computer not able to boot up as all the drivers are different. I want to know if there is any way I can still boot into xp then install new drivers? I try to save time for not install all the software again. Thank on saving my time! Thank you
Smashrc

Welcome to TSG! There are two problems here as I see it.
1) You have already mentioned one with different driver conflicts and,
2) Using the operating system you have already installed on one computer in another violates the EULA with Microsoft.

Your options are as follows:
1) Do a full install on your new unit using your install CD and see if online activation goes through.
2) If you do have your original install CD for WinXP then contact Microsoft to see if you can convince them to allow activation on your new unit. This of course would require you to do a full install on the new unit.
3) Purchase another copy of WinXP.

Unfortunately none of the answers come close to what you wish to do but helping circumvent the EULA would violate TSG rules.

Take Care
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.