Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I use XP and have the pop-up blocker turned off as I have the Google toolbar installed (which includes a pop-up blocker). Even with pop-ups allowed certain sites will not open links. For example clicking on 'gameday' on MLB.com should open a window with live game stats etc but nothing happens. I have noticed this on only a couple of sites but it is really driving me crazy. I have Java, Shockwave, Macromedia Flash etc (Not that I understand what any of them are/do) and don't know what else to try, could anybody help please?

·
Registered
21,398 Posts
mark790 said:
Hi, I use XP and have the pop-up blocker turned off as I have the Google toolbar installed (which includes a pop-up blocker). Even with pop-ups allowed certain sites will not open links. For example clicking on 'gameday' on MLB.com should open a window with live game stats etc but nothing happens. I have noticed this on only a couple of sites but it is really driving me crazy. I have Java, Shockwave, Macromedia Flash etc (Not that I understand what any of them are/do) and don't know what else to try, could anybody help please?
I clicked on the 'Gameday' link and the response was definitely a popup window which contained the following message:

Gameday is temporarily unavailable. This may be due to network inaccessibility. Please refresh your browser to re-start it. If the problem persists, please close and then re-open your browser, or email [email protected] for assistance.

-- Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.