Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I acquired an 80gb external HD from a freind. It is not clean it so I want compress a lot his files and folders and leave one to side for while till its safe to delete it all. I have permission to delete everything. But I am being a little cautious.

The trouble is one of the directory is huge, about 20gb, with many subdirectories and folders. There many instances when whole list of folders are empty. There could be 100s or 1000s of these empty folders.

Is there a freeware filemanager with a filter that I can use to isolate all the empty folders and delete them. And how would you use the filter. I would then be able to defrag the HD.

jaygor

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes thanks I will be careful with the prgrogram, and I am not too worried about the empty folders. I just want to be a little neat and tidy.
In anycase this specific problem has occured to me and I was wondering how to solve it.
I will most probably try out the program over the weekend.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, full backup of system and essential folders/files have already been done...

I suppose I was trying to point out that you can always find programs that will find empty files in the hard disk but I have never come across a program that will find empty folders spread so liberally across so many layers of one directory.. anyway thanks again for the help and advice it is always appreciated

I look forward to the weekend..
happy weekend evryone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.