Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 3 year old mousepad that is kind of scratchy/dirty. Some have recommended cleaning it with a dry/lint-free cloth or slightly dampening it with water, rub it good and hand dry it theroughly. What would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
If it is made of neoprene (sponge foam backed material) you can easily wash it out and rinse it off.....let it dry. Go real easy on the soap a couple or three drops of liquid soap will do it.
......or you can just get a new one.

Either way what is just as important is to flip the mouse over and remove the cover that houses the hard rubber ball inside the mouse. You should wash it off with soap and water and rinse it and allow it to air dry.

DS

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Dark Star....
remove the cover that houses the hard rubber ball inside the mouse. You should wash it off with soap and water
..... you are talking about the mouse..... NOT... the PAD.... right???

because right now I have a load of suds & bubbles foaming from my right click button.......

PLEASE ADVISE!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Geoffrey,

You're killing me man..........

Okay in your case go to the Control panel> Dbl click Mouse> Cleaning tab> De-foam.

BTW, nice avatar

Let us know how this works out

DS

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
At the risk of being a jerk (like that risk has stopped me before Ha Ha) the pad is 3 years old and scratched, how about ponying up a couple bucks and get a new one.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Crumb,

You jerk! Maybe he has developed an affinity for his mouse pad. Geeeeeeeez

.........I couldn't resist :D

·
Registered
12,427 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Jack1000,

I thought that was the case, however you have to give us some credit 'cause we do try to help.
Now you know you can wash it with a little bit of woolite or a gentle soap and make it like new.

Heck if it means that much you can get it replicated like gbrumb suggested.

Oh, and don't mind us we're not fighting with each other here, that is how we understand one another, we're just messing around.

Best of luck,

DS

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm rather attached to my mouse pad as well... :)

Not that I really like the design or anything...it's just broken in and softened up a little bit - it feels right - and new ones can be so...rigid.

But, if yours is that old, and scratched, and dirty, I'd say it's time to get a new one.
Buy, or just stop in at the next computer exhibition/convention held in town, and pick up a dozen new mouse pads, absolutely free.
Or maybe you could swipe one off the reception desk the next time you visit the doctor, or something...
(Just kidding.) :p

While you're inside the mouse itself, cleaning the ball, have a gander at the rollers.
That's not felt they're covered with, ya know. ;)

For sentiment's sake, why not take the old beloved mouse pad, frame it, and hang it on the wall next to your computer?
Could be a real conversation piece. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.