Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleaned PC and Need Help Putting it Back Together

492 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fireflycph 
#1 ·
So i wanted to clean my pc and i thought it would be less hard to get it back together now i put everything back but forgot where exactly everything goes now its a second hand pc so i have no manuals i looked up several video’s and i cant find the problem it wont turn on the video card has a green light on it but it doesnt start when i press the power button can someone help me pls

#2 ·
I don't know if this will help you. You really don't give us much to go on here. But, are the lights on the motherboard? Does the fan spin up when power is pressed?
Many motherboards will have a connector from the chassic/case with a small cable attached and the writing "pwr sw" or something like that on it. That should be connected to the motherboard. WHere? I can't say but you'll need to look the board up to find out where it goes.

Also, you can try to remove everything except the RAM, CPU and power. Remember the 4 pin power connector too. THen try to start it. If successful, then add one component at a time (With the system off, naturally) until you find out which one is causing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.