Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i've been doing some searching and it seems like my problem is a little unique. I was running Vista 32 bit last year with 2 gigs of ram. I upgraded to 7 pro 64 bit because i knew i was going to be upgrading to 4 gigs eventually. I bought the 4 gigs and installed them. I restarted my computer and the system picked them up. I don't think there was any issues as much as i can remember. Everything was up to date.

I recently had to do a clean install on my system. When i did this, my computer seems to only recognize 2 gigs of ram again, like i never upgraded before. I still have them in there, took them out, swapped them, and it still is showing 2 gigs in my computer as well as the BIOS. The Bios is updated, so i don't know what to do. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Try one stick at a time, trying one slot at a time. Then do the same with the other stick. If the result is that one or the other sticks does not work in one or neither slot, you could have a bad slot or a bad stick, depending on result.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.