Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought some headphones from circuit city about 6 to 7 months ago

i tripped on them today and the wire came out of the splitter to the mic and headphone area

i would rather try to return it than try to fix it myself.. as i cant get into the splitter without having to cut it open

my question is:

do you think i'll be able to swap these things out? or am i going to get the boot. i dont have a receipt.. but all i'm wanting is another pair.

·
Always remembered in our hearts
82,160 Posts
You damaged them yourself...do the right thing and repair or replace them at your own expense! ;) Honesty is the best policy! :)

·
82,160 Posts
^ *smack* ;) :D

·
82,160 Posts
:D Ahhhh....700 my friend...I've missed that! :p :p :D

·
82,160 Posts
That and hockey!!! :mad: :D

·
Retired Moderator
16,301 Posts
See and when I saw this thread...I thought the company had gone someplace -- a vacation perhaps :p :D

·
Retired Moderator
16,301 Posts
AKA Arizona said:
Dig out your soldering gun......................:cool:
You could always do what somefellow said,
but then you have to live with that lie for the rest of your life.........:cool:
Ok...free product plug :)

I went out and purchased on of those Cold Heat soldering iron doohickeys...and I have to say, it works wonderfully...the best way to solder :up: At twenty bucks, cheaper than some guns...even better.
:cool:

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
ciberblade said:
Ok...free product plug :)

I went out and purchased on of those Cold Heat soldering iron doohickeys...and I have to say, it works wonderfully...the best way to solder :up: At twenty bucks, cheaper than some guns...even better.
:cool:
Hey CB, I have seen the commercial for those. Can you PLEASE tell me how it works. I hate the fact that i don't know. One of the true great mysteries of life. :D

·
Retired Moderator
16,301 Posts
Infidel_Kastro said:
Hey CB, I have seen the commercial for those. Can you PLEASE tell me how it works. I hate the fact that i don't know. One of the true great mysteries of life. :D
The tip is a custom made material called Athalite, the circuitry is even more of a mystery -- but it allows the current in the 4AA batteries to be turned on and off like a switch.

The tip is split electrically, so it only heats up when it is touched to metal -- when that happens, it takes up to 1.2 seconds to reach 800 degrees -- when it is removed, it cools off in less than 3 seconds. Really neat stuff. The downfall to it, is the tip -- because of it's unique nature, it is rather fragile -- which you can tell by feeling it. But they are replaceable ;)

See the link for more details.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
ciberblade said:
The tip is a custom made material called Athalite, the circuitry is even more of a mystery -- but it allows the current in the 4AA batteries to be turned on and off like a switch.

The tip is split electrically, so it only heats up when it is touched to metal -- when that happens, it takes up to 1.2 seconds to reach 800 degrees -- when it is removed, it cools off in less than 3 seconds. Really neat stuff. The downfall to it, is the tip -- because of it's unique nature, it is rather fragile -- which you can tell by feeling it. But they are replaceable ;)

See the link for more details.
Cool. Thanks. will go buy one, although I have no need for one with the exception of wanting one. Will find used for it later. Like chasing Di around with it and using it as a wood burning kit. :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.