Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
This is most probably a really common problem; but my Souncard is incredibly choppy and stuttery.
My spec is P3 866 256Mb RAM with an Epox CU133A+ M/Board. My soundcard is a Soundblaster 128 PCI.
I also run Win 2000 Prof, although this problem still existed with Win '98. I've tried adjusting the acceleration settings of my S/Card but it never helped. I noticed that Legacy audio was still enabled on my M/Board so I disabled it and that didn't help. I've also looked for updated drivers and couldn't find any.
This is no doubt a real simple problem but please help me.

Cheers,
Grant.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had the same problem...you may need to buy a new sound card. Check your system preferences, and if there is and exlamation point in a yellow triangle buy the sound card icon...then you will need a new one.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I have downloaded the new drivers but unfortunately the sound is still choppy.
There is also no yellow trianglr suggesting any conflicts/problems in my system menu. I do have something called legacy audio in my BIOS; does anyone know what this is and wether it could be the cause of the problems that I'm having?
I'll hopefully have this problem sorted soon.

Cheers,
Grant.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iv'e never actually installed the drivers that came with my motherboard. Would this make a great deal of difference seeing as I'm running Windows 2000 as my OS.
(Yes, you guessed it, I am grasping at straws).

Any Suggestions?

Cheers,
Grant.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well I'm sure it couldn't hurt :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.