Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've tried everything to get a Chart to print the way I want it, but I need some help.

OS WinXP Home
IE6
Excel 2002
HP Deskjet 960c

Chart type is: Column

(Portion of pre-printed Chart)....

I want to print this chart in black and white (Color cartridge is depleted and needs to be replaced...NOTE that I have checked and unchecked "Print in Black and White" in my HP Printer Properties but result is the same).
I have the chart completed but when I send it to the printer everything prints out ok except the Data Series columns. The border (black) prints out according to my specification however the column bar fill (set at dark grey) prints with NO color (transparent - comes out as white).

A Google search found this article.....Q211614.....however I still cannot get the fill to print.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Telstar

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dreamboat, thank you for your reply,

Well, as you suggested I changed only one column to "Black" as you see here and...it did print with that same column with black fill but still the remaining columns are clear (not the grey as you see it in the pic).

You're on to something. What am I not doing correctly?
Should I just change all the columns to print solid black?

But, still I wonder why the printer would not print the "Dark Grey".

Telstar

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Dreamboat:
I would. Sorry...but perhaps it doesn't see the colors being used for the gray...
Yep. I would surmise, without investigating further, and thinking like a printer, that what I consider a "non-color" (dark gray) is perceived as a color by the printer and because the color cartridge is exhausted it simply is not able to print this "color".

Thanks again. I bet it'll be ok once I replace the color-cartridge.

Telstar :up:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SUCCESS!!!

Ok, here's what happened....

> downloaded/installed latest Driver for my HP960c

> downloaded/installed SP3 for my MS Office 2002
> reboot

As you are now aware and the reason for this post, prior printing attempts of this....Chart pic....did NOT print the dark grey fill.
However, after the updates the printed sheet now contained the grey fill (plus some background shading that also did not print before).

Now, a couple of notes:

> the printer driver update left an Icon (HP Printer 960c) in my system tray.
Upon clicking on it the Properties page opened with new info. Clicking on the "Advanced" tab indicated a new place to check called "Print in Greyscale" (made sense to check that after doing a "?" on it and the info told me "Selecting the "Black Only" button...another checkbox...prints in Greyscale using the Black Print Cartridge).....just what the doctor ordered!

> in addition, when activating the Printer I received a message window that the "Color Print Cartridge is low on ink" (yep, already knew that but never received this notice prior to the Driver update).

> installing the Service Pack3 for my MS Office required loading the MS Small Business Disk that came with my Dell Dimension 4400. So now it's up-to-date with the latest SP.

> besides the aforementioned HP Printer Icon in my System Tray there are now two new Icons on the Desktop....
1) 960c Printer Assistant and 2) Microsoft Outlook (wonder why this one in particular was there? Guess I'll find out as time goes on today.

"All's well that ends well!"

Telstar :up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.