Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reformatted my friends computer last night, but when I go to change the resolution it won't let me. My resolution is set at 640 x 480 pixels. I need to make it a better resolution in order to connect to the internet. I don't know if my video card driver or something else is not installed right. Any and all help is needed!

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You need to install the video drivers.

With no information on the machine or the video adapter, that's about all I can tell you. :)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Just curious.
What does resolution have to do with connecting to the internet?

·
Super Moderator
46,552 Posts
I would install the chipset or motherboard drivers before attempting an install of the video driver. You need to know what hardware you have in the system ie motherboard and video card.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i have the same problem when i dump my computer, its always the Video Card Driver for me. i hardly ever install the chipset driver just because i find everything i need. never had to install it.....guess he cant connect to the internet with that resolution because its so big and you'll have to scroll every 20 seconds to read a line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.