Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have basically rebuilt my emachine t3306, but now i want to change cases. I have the new case. It is a black 702 matrix. I went to change the case, but had no luck it said that I did have an OS. I then put the old case back togeather. I've had a few friends look at it and they got the same response. Anybody have an idea? I know that it is a FIC K8M-800M Mainboard.( http://www.emachine-upgraders.info/dir1/motherboards/socket754/fick8m800m.shtml ). Please respond or email me at [email protected] . Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put it in a new case tonight and it booted, but i can no figure out the front USB, Restart, and Audio. I gave the info on what i am working with above. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Do you remember how you old case wires were connected? If so, look at those, follow them to what they are. The USB is probably the same--should be a 9 pin connector (which looks like a 10th one is missing).

Look for you old restart switch (if you had one)...follow the leads

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new wiring on he usb are kind of differant then the old. The old came wrapped and had a plastic pin connector at he end. The new one is all loose. I'm trying to figure out what to do any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
According to your motherboard manual this is the pinout for your USB front header. If the connectors are single kk connectors they may be marked differently than shown in the diagram.

VCC=Power +5DC
USB 5- and USB 4-= D-
USB 5+ and USB 4+ = D+
GND = GND

Pin #10 may or may not be used based on the number of USB wires coming from the front panel USB connectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Here is a picture of kk connectors. The 2 on the left are single kk connectors which is probably what your USB front connector have. The next 3 are double kk connectors.

The pictured connectors are for a front panel pinout, but the USB motherboard header would use the same type connectors only marked differently.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I gave you a LINK to anything that would have info about the mobo manual.

Perhaps... live with it... just plug in the standard reset switch... if its standard on the mobo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.