Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my screen seems to have this blueish color that changes other colors for example anything that is red appears as black and anything that is pink is blue etc. i know that the problem is not the monitor because i have changed it several times and i also know that there is no problem with the wires cos i have also changed them...i think its something with the computer and i dont want to get a new one because i bought this one only 2 years ago.
i hope you can tell me whats wrong with it

·
Super Moderator
74,148 Posts
Can you get into the BIOS settings screens when you first turn on the computer? If so do the colors appear normal including white? If the colors are off, you may have a hardware failure in the video controller. If colors are only wrong after Windows boots up, the problem my be in the color profile settings in the display properties control panel or possibly a corrupted driver.

·
Super Moderator
74,148 Posts
The fact that you can see white in the BIOS screens is a good sign that the video output hardware is not broken.

Let us know what operating you are running and exactly what video controller you have in your computer. Someone here may then be able to give you details on what Windows control panels and their settings you need to adjust to get the colors right. The brand and model number of the computer may help us to help you as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a packard bell using Microsoft windows xp but when i go to find the video controller it says video controller (vga compatible) but there is a question and it says that the driver is not installed

·
Super Moderator
74,148 Posts
Right click on an unused section of the Windows desktop and select "Properties". That will open a Display Properties screen.

Click the "Settings" tab and make sure you have a color setting for more than 256 colors. Then click the "Advanced Settings" button. That will open the advanced setting screen for your particular video controller chip set.

See if you have any options for restoring the default settings or if there are options for tweaking the individual Red, Green and Blue color outputs.

That's about all the ideas that I have for troubleshooting your problem. Sorry that I can't offer any more help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.