Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to reinstall IE 5.5 but it tells me I already have a new version of IE. I keep getting the following error: WAOL caused a general protection fault in Module MSJAVA.DLL. AOL suggested that I reinstall 5.5. Not sure what to do at this point. Have always received help here whenever I needed it. I'm back again, lol. Can someone please help?? Tired of getting botted...... Thanks

·
Banned
4,900 Posts
IE 5.x/6.x comes with a repair tool. To use to it, go to the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel; Scroll and click to highlight 'Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x' in the Install/Uninstall window; Then click on the Add/Remove button; Select 'Repair' the current installation of Internet Explorer radio button; Click on OK.

***Instead of choosing the Repair option choose to 'Restore The Previous Windows Configuration', and click Ok.***

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again, ok, I've done that and I'm still receiving the program error. I can't access most sites, surprised I was able to get in here. What next? Pulling out hair!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
You should maybe go to add/remove then click on IE6 not 5
then restore. THis will take IE6 out and you should be back to IE5
You have to get rid of IE6 befor 5 will work
DUTCH

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Pad, I could not find IE in the add/remove so I went to msinfo32 and under tool, was able to perform the repair to IE5.5. That didn't work either. Still keep getting the "above" error, although the wording changed slightly - "WAOL caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:05281ef0." Everytime I try to enter Pogo.com to play a game, I receive this message and loose my connection. Any further suggestions? Thanks

·
Banned
4,900 Posts
Since OE is not in the Add/Remove Programs folder go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com; Click Ok to the Security Warning certificate, if necessary, then download the appropriate critical and browser or Email reader updates as appropriate.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you to all who responded. It seems that I needed to re-download IE5.5 after all. Since I've done that, everything seems to be back to normal again, thank goodness. Post closed, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.