Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had cm3 for my computer, which had the millenium edition software on it, i got an ipod and had to upgrade to xp but now my game will not run. It installs ok and creates a shortcut but when I double click it says "cm3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". i have gone through nearly 250 forum questions here and elsewere but cant seem to find anything that will help me.

can anyone help the error report contains

AppName: cm3.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: cm3.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0001f588

but i havent got a clue as to what on earth is happening.

·
Super Moderator
43,946 Posts
Most likely a compatibility problem if it was fine with ME and not XP.

Right click on the game icon, click properties. In the Compatibility tab, check the Run Program under... box and choose Windows 98/ME in the drop box. OK that til you are back on the desktop and restart your game.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already did that i tried it with win95, win98/millenium edition, 2000, and xp none worked im just wondering if its actually compatible now cause if it is then theres probably a valid reason why its not working

·
Super Moderator
43,946 Posts
How old is it? Does it need DOS to run?

You can try uninstalling it and then put the SETUP.EXE file on the CD in Windows 98 compatibility mode and then try running the setup again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its about ten years, i think so it pobably does need DOS too run thats why im wondering if its still compatabile.
i tried what you said didnt do anything though still says the same

cm3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont believe this, it says this game is not run on DOS. Damn there must be something wrong with the game itself then cause iv run out of things that could be wrong with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.