Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden, while iam composing an email on hotmail, certain keys of my desktop keyboard stopped working...i assumed that once i restart it the issue would be resolved. I was mistaken. I have restarted my desktop computer, unplugged the keyboard from the cpu and start my pc up again, however the same issues persists. Most keys are functioning on my keyboard, but certain keys give no response. My num pad is not working, and the num lock green light doesnt even light up when i push down on it. Now the problem is, i cant log into my desktop windows xp, mainly because my password contains a 7 in it. None of the keys work on the numpad, however a few numbers do work from the main keyboard component. I have no idea what to do. I tried pressing f8 to go into safe mood but nothing happens. Please help. Thank you

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Sounds like it's time to buy a new keyboard! If you're determined to get this one to work you can try washing it with warm water, then let it sit for a couple days to dry out, and try it again, but if I were you I'd just eat the $10 :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.