Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cdrom on my son's pc keeps opening and closing on its on. If you insert a cd and close it, the drawer pop's right out. They cannot use it at all. Any idea's. It is a Creative Lab 52X.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Hi roho...

the problem youre discribing may be coming from a conflict in your device manager. Have you went to start/settings/contol panel/Systems/device manager & looked to see if you have a conflict? (a yellow triangle or a "?" mark) If it appears ok....... try updating your drivers. Click the plus & then hilight the items listed & update the drivers.

Savvy :)

PS...also you might better go do this free scan ...for virus, worms & trojans

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a REMOVE from the device mgr after seeing no conflict. Reinstalled and still no conflict. Problem still there. Will try replacing drivers tonite after work.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
yes update your drivers

Savvy :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, today I was going to install the drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard about 3 months ago. I'm sure they are still on there, but I was going to reinstall them. The system isn't but about 3 months old. Of course the CDROM wouldn't work and I couldn't. The door shuts, the LED on the HD lights and stays lite for about a minute or so, goes out and door opens. I haven't found drivers on the web to put on floppy. Guess I could put the drivers on a floppy from the CD. Tomorrow, I'm going to put the CDROM on a IDE cable and make it a "master". It is on the HD cable now as a "slave". I appreciate it and if you have any more idea's, I'm here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.