Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am hoping there is a very easy solution for my problem, i have been having alot of trouble getting my comp to reconize my cdrom and cd writer, but i finally got it to ( dont ask me how)well...now my cdrom is doing some whacked out things...playes about 3 seconds of the first song of a cd then goes to song 2 plays maybe 10 second goes to song 3 plays maybe 5 sec...etc etc etc...does this for a whole cd....any suggestions...thank Debbie

·
Retired Administrator
104,767 Posts
The cds play fine in other players as well? Do they play correctly in the CDRW?

Do software cds work correctly?

If so, you might try going to the device manager, properties, and if DMA is checked, uncheck it, and if it's not checked, then check it....may or may not help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the cd's play fine in the cdr , its only when i try to play them threw the cdrom and threw musicmatch, i tried what you suggested and still didnt work...what else do you have up your sleeve?? :)

·
Retired Administrator
104,767 Posts
Well, I'm leaning towards thinking that there is a problem with the cdrom itself....what you might take a look at is how tightly you have tightened the screws mounting it to the drive bay. Also, you may try hooking it up on the outside of the computer.

You didn't respond as to whether software cds work.

If it works outside the bay, then you've attached it too tightly.

If it doesn't work outside the bay, the drive is more than likely defective and needs to be replaced.

I had a home unit do the same thing and it had something to do with the laser or other part inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.