Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody using Windows XP had these issues with a CD-RW. My old CD-RW worked fine and was compatible with XP's new buring of files on CD. This engine is powered by Roxio and was developed for Windows XP. Tried all the new Roxio updates, this version was compatible, but disabled my built in Windows burning features. Nero was another program that killed the built in burning features on XP. Roxio could not get their program to work with the great and poplular TDK 241040 or a Yamaha.

I have a problem with a program changing my Windows built in burning capabilities. Roxio, failed with all their testing and tech support to figure out why their program failed to install with these popular drives, and why with my drive their program killed in my built in burining functions. Roxio agreed to refund my money to me.

Anybody run into any CD-RW issues on XP. Other than this issue, XP has been humming smoothly.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I really can't offer any help but I am using a TDK 24x10x40 CDRW and use XP for my RW disc's and Nero for my CDR's and everything works perfect.....Sorry you are having problems...

·
Registered
97 Posts
You said "Try to burn a couple of files using XP's built in CD Recording power." Do you mean with CDR's or RW disc's ?

I give it a shot and let you know what happens. Maybe you have found a bug in XP....

Update.....I copied my "Favorites" and another file to a CDR using Windows CD Burning Wizard with no problem....Maybe I'm not following you right or you are doing it another way. What version of Nero are you using ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am having problems burning with NERO (it hangs at ~17% progress) under XP. So if NERO kills the built-in burning functionality of XP, does anyone know how to restore it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.