Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: In the market for a CD-RW. Brand name
does not matter to me. However, what should a
person consider, 12x10x32, 16x10x40 or 24x10x40.
I don't need the best nor do I want the least. Price is to be a consideration. Suggestions or opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
CD-RW's are cheaper, $99. CD's are cheaper and easier to find. Plus you will not notice the difference in speed between the two slower ones. The faster one, too expensive unless you plan on doing a lot of burning.

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
This might be an option for you and then again it might not! I would suggest TDK VeloCD but I could be wrong. Speed of recording should not be a factor, but it might me to you. If you don't want to pay for the best you will get less than the best but defianately not the least. Hope this clears things up or doesn't.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I just purchassed a Lite-0n 24102B from newegg.com for $106 including shipping. It also came with Nero 5.5.3 solfware.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
That Lite-On that pfoerste bought is dynamite for the price. Review: http://www.cdr-info.com/hardware/liteon24102/index.shtml Use the little buttons at the bottom to page through as it is several pages long.

Why settle for less when you can get a 24X burner that does 99 minute CDs and all the copy protections. Lite-On is getting a pretty good name for quality.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:cool: Thanks to all who replied. With info from
pfoetste and slipe, I have made up my mind. BTW, the site you gave me slipe is great. Thanks, Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.