Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Merry Christmas to everyone! Those who don't belive and those facing hardships as well, please remember them as you spend time with your families.

I just discovered this issue. My Drive wouldn't recognize my disk when i was trying to create an audio cd. At first i though it was just windows media player, so i tried "My Computer" and got the same prompt to "insert a disk".

I suspect this is because I recently used a MiniCd to install Datec's Max Drive for the playstation 2. I just found out I left it in all this time (Over a week). I'm thinking, maybe it's possible my drive is now "Set" to read this format of cd? I could think that logically the disk laser/reader had to move to read this smaller cd.

I was able to burn a few cd's by first loading this MiniCd, then switching out to a regular CD-R after Drive: E opened. Any ideas on what happened here? I test out a few game disks, and the loaded fine, although autoplay didn't come on.

Any help?!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The size of the CD has nothing to do with your read/write problem. The drive may be dirty or failing. You can try one of those ROM cleaning CD's and it may work. Usually when a CD ROM drive reads one day and then fails to "see" anything the next, that is a sign the drive may be failing. Also, some people never re-boot. Did you try a reboot after you removed the mini cd and before trying a blank?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right about that. It took me a few tries to realize i never rebooted, but when i did nothing happened. This computer is getting up there in the years, so odds are it needs a good cleaning that it never got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.