Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got and installed vmware so that I could run win9x only games on my winxp computer, but I've run into a problem. I got the guest OS(win98se) installed on the virtual machine, but while in 98 it refuses to read my cd-roms. I told VMWARE to use the virtual disk as IDE0:0, my cd-rom for IDE1:0 and and burner for IDE1:1. But for some reason in Win98se it won't read my cd-roms. It says that nothing is in them and when i try to read them ti says they are not accessable. If i boot into dos mode it will read off of the cd-roms, but it doesn't work correctly. If i go to any directory other than base and try to do anything(type dir, try to run a file, ect), it takes me back to the root directory. What is going on here and how do i fix it?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I've never used vmware so probably won't be of much assistance but maybe this will get this post going...
What version of vmware? According to their site, the 3.0 beta is the only one that 'fully supports' XP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.