Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had RealOne, Windows media Player, and MusicMatch Jukebox on my Windows XP system for years and had no problem. Recently I downloaded a CD burning program off the net called DiscMaster 2. Ever since then, when I attempt to play a CD on any of my players, I get a total system crash. I believe I've removed the DiscMaster 2 program, but it still crashes. I've tried to do a "system restore", but that doesn't work either. (This is the first time in 3 years that I've ever tried system restore and no matter what date I put it on, it says it's unable to perform). So I've given up on trying to bring my system back to a point prior to DiscMaster 2. Every time the system crashes, upon restart a message comes up from Microsoft saying "Solution Found: Contact Ahead Software AG to obtain the update". This Microsoft webpage redirects me to another webpage from Nero, and here's its address:
http://www.nero.com/en/oca_erw4.php . I have downloaded that fix or patch, and every time I do, it says I have to remove the older version of InCD, which I have done. The only thing is that after downloading the repair patch, I hit "run", and it does something (a lot of numbers flash past the screen, appearing to be doing something) and then everything appears to be done, but I keep looking to "install something". Nothing more appears, so I assume it's been fixed. I put a CD in any of the players and I have an immediate computer crash. Black screen, automatic reboot, and then the message from Microsoft again and I'm right back where I started. Yesterday I spent 11 and 1/2 hours with HP Support and they had me do so many things that I can't explain, but the results are that the system still crashes. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Incidentally, anyone with any ideas on the system restore problem would also be appreciated. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.