Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone this is my first question i need help solving. Now first of i wanna say that my pc came pre installed with windows "Vista Home Basic". I got a copy of "Windows 7 Ultimate". I wanted to go back to my Vista. The problem is the reinstall disc couldnt be read period by my drive.. And before i installed Windows 7 I had reinstalled Vista with the reinstall disc it came with no problems before. But since ive changed over to Windows 7 it wont read the Windows Vista disc or the utilities driver disc. Any clues or help would be appreciated thanks... Now Part 2 is... Basically half a year later today I just got done burning a dvd and was on to the next one popped my DVD R into the drive and it just simply could not be read. Ive tried different cds and dvds none are read now... I have no clue what went wrong unless my drive is dead... My drivers are updated all my local disk are stating healthy. But there is a drive that doesnt have a letter nor status next to it , located at the top of my other local disk... My cd rom is located in Drive E: for some reason that seems kind of strange to me like it was somewhere else before ? I dont know. So that's it could someone please help out thanks in advance.

Dell Inspiron 530s (Slim)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
Pentium Dual Core E5400 @ 2.70Ghz
Ram 2.99 GB

·
Registered
11,670 Posts
Is this a TSST branded drive? If so, it's likely that the drive has failed. The TSST drives Dell used had a fairly high failure rate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.