Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't understand

A couple of days ago my cd burner stopped showing up when using Nero. I only had the image burn option.(yes it's a ligit copy it came with the drive) so I tried to burn and image with Alcohol 120% and it worked fine. So I reinstalled nero and same thing. Thinking "damn corrupted windows" I repartitioned, reformatted and reinstalled windows.

so now windows is reinstalled and so is nero and same thing

the drive is a lite-on dvd/cd combo drive and it is setup in the device manager and did work before.

what could be wrong is the drive shot?

help me plz

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I hadn't heard of Alcohol before but let me ask you, did the problem with Nero begin with the install of Alcohol? I ask because Nero and Creative had conflicts for years and I had a Nero conflict with a freeware music burning app.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Check the burner in device manager. It sounds more like a software thing than hardware. Have you checked for firmware updates for the burner?

Does it read DVD's and CD's?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by dustyjay:
Check the burner in device manager. It sounds more like a software thing than hardware. Have you checked for firmware updates for the burner?

Does it read DVD's and CD's?
updated the firmware and yes it plays cds and dvds

Checked all the cables and model # as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unplugged the drive and any removed any burning software
restarted the comp a few times plugged it back in and installed the soft ware and it works

weird

thanks for the help guys :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.