Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have both of these applications. CCleaner ate some of my settings and destroyed file associations every time I used it until I finally figured out how to dodge the damage. I should have done a little more reading and I have learned to be very cautious with this type of program. It has always been good to clean up temp files and internet junk. You have to be very careful, as I'm sure you already know, about what is checked/ticked before you run it, and back up the registry first. Yes, I still use it. It also has a great forum, http://forum.piriform.com and online help, not only related to CCleaner but other software and just about anything you want to talk about.

Glary is nice looking, very easy to use. It is updated so often I have trouble keeping up. It automatically copies the registry before making any changes, so you don't have to remember to do it yourself each time. It is very nice. Don't be afraid to give it a try. If you like CCleaner ,you will like Glary Utilities but ALWAYS be careful with these programs, they can be dangerous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.