Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, when I'm shutting down my xp computer, it says ccapp isnt responding, and i have to end it or the computer cant shut down. i searched for it on my system, and it belongs to norton internet security. Is this file necessary? can i delete it? if so, how can i delete it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Its absolutely necessary if you want to carry on running NIS. This is a common problem with the bloated NIS application suite taking too long to respond to the "kill" command at system shutdown. Your computer isn't really quite fast enough to run the version of NIS that you have installed comfortably. Often if left to itself it will end without having to click the button, but may take too long even for that.

Click end now, or you can manually unload programs from your system tray before shutting down to help windows shut down NIS quicker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, when I'm shutting down my xp computer, it says ccapp isnt responding, and i have to end it or the computer cant shut down. i searched for it on my system, and it belongs to norton internet security. Is this file necessary? can i delete it? if so, how can i delete it?

Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
84,301 Posts
The ccapp.exe process is a core component of Norton. It runs in the background continuously checking your system for viruses and trojans, it also checks any inbound email for similar threats. If this process is stopped Norton will not be able to protect your computer.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Norton software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.