Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been going on for a long long time. I have never been able to figure this out, but every time I shut down or restart my computer I get a ccapp "End Program" message. It stays up for about 5 seconds before self terminating. Does anybody know what this is or how to solve this problem? I tried a search and the only thing I found out is that ccapp may be associated with Norton Anti-Virus. Which I have, lastest verision. But this problem has occured with earlier versions too.

Thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
glidflying, ccApp is part of Norton Antivirus, I use Symantec Corporate Antivirus, and Norton Internet Security which still uses ccApp and ccRegVfy as part of its ensemble, NIS does do that to me often with the shut down problem, it doesnt seem to cause anything major that I know of, nor do I know anything as to how to stop it from doing that.

I just figured I'd respond by at least saying that it IS Norton Related and it does do the same for me, but it never seems to cause any major issues on my personal machines.(All 6 of them run Symantec Corp. Antivirus, and Norton Internet Security)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Although not specifically for Norton, this workaround may ease the pain:

Copy everything between the dotted lines, but not the dotted lines themselves:

----------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"AutoEndTasks"="1"
"HungAppTimeout"="2000"
"WaitToKillAppTimeout"="2000"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]
"WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="2000"

-----------------------------------

Paste into Notepad, and save the the result as shutdown.reg - be sure that the default extension .txt doesn't show in the saved file name. Double-click on the saved .reg file to add these settings to the Registry.

Luck!

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
glidflying said:
This has been going on for a long long time. I have never been able to figure this out, but every time I shut down or restart my computer I get a ccapp "End Program" message. It stays up for about 5 seconds before self terminating. Does anybody know what this is or how to solve this problem? I tried a search and the only thing I found out is that ccapp may be associated with Norton Anti-Virus. Which I have, lastest verision. But this problem has occured with earlier versions too.

Thanks
i use symantec corp av and don't see any reference to ccapp in start/run/msconfig/startup, just vptray on the xppro machines.

i have nav 2003pro on a 98se machine and see it there and it must be checked in msconfig/startup or nav won't function properly.

you may need to remove all references to sym/norton in files/shared, scheduling, live update in dm, reboot and install nav again. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.