Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I switched to FireFox a few months back, and am very happy with it. I have one web application, however, that I must use IE with. I have set FireFox as my default browser, but Internet Explorer still pops up a dialog, every time I run it, asking me if I want IE to be my default browser.

I cannot seem to turn this off, and it's really bugging me. Here's what I've done so far:

* IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs -> Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser -> check box is NOT checked

* I also verified that the checkbox is not checked through Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Programs -> Internet Explorer <...> It's clear there too...

* Regedt32 -> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> HTTP -> shell -> open -> command -> C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE -url "%1"

FireFox is acting as my default browser and is working perfectly, but whenever I run IE (which I have to, unfortunately, for just 1 application) IE keeps displaying the dialog asking me if I want to make IE my default browser. It's driving me nuts...

Is there anyway to make IE just leave me alone and accept that I've dumped it? :confused:

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

--Peggy

PS - Sorry, almost forgot, I'm on Windows XP SP2, IE 6.0, SP 2, FireFox 1.5.0.4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh My Gosh!!!! I had not heard of the IE Tab extension...

I just tried it, it's wonderful, works great!!! Thank you, this solves the whole thing, now can just avoid IE completely!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darn it, the IE tab in FireFox has some problems with Siebel, it just does not function properly and I may be stuck with using IE after all... :(

Any other ideas to make Internet Explorer stop checking to see if it's the default browser? Gosh, I hate being dependant upon IE...

--Peggy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.