Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello There,

Not sure this is the correct place for this. Hope someone can help though.

I wanted to play a DVD on my PC but the sound is all crackly and the video is acting slow. It did not do this a few weeks ago, but now suddenly it is. Due to this I wanted to system restore my PC to an earlier time, but this message came up - "Changes made to drive(s) J:\ after this point cannot be reversed because the drive was either excluded from the System Restore Monitoring, or was turned off or removed." I have never received this message in the past when System Restoring. Also I have noticed that the taskbar on occasion goes from blue to grey (classic style) by itself and will stay like that and change back to itself to blue again when it wants. I have run my McAfee and no virus is detected. Please can someone please tell me how to rectify the DVD and the System Restore, and also the reason why the taskabr keeps changing by itself.

Kind regards,
Airmiles

·
Registered
440 Posts
that color change is windows vista going to basic mode because you are low on memory. Installing more RAM would speed your system up and possibly fix some of your problems.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Then allow me to be the first to ask what your PC specs are, what service pack you're running, what DVD drive you're using, and the software you're using to play DVD's back?

·
Registered
440 Posts
wow I don't think XP is suppose to do that :(
Ill do some research and try to get back to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.