Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. When using my Toshiba laptop with Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6, I can get on the internet but it won't let me log into sites that require a username and password, such as hotmail and facebook. It lets me enter my details, then when I click login it always goes to "This page cannot be displayed", as if I'm either offline or trying to access a page that has expired.

This is the same whether I put it on WiFi at my house, or Broadband at my parents'. Both connections work reliably on other computers, suggesting it is my machine as opposed to any problem with the service provider.

I have put my security settings to low, enabled all cookies, yet the problem still persists.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phantom, will try those although they sound similar to what i've already been doing. One of my mates is hopefully lending me the disk to get Service Provider 2 and therefore IE7 tonight- it wouldn't work when I tried to update it the other night.

Gonna have to log off here for a bit so I can stick internet connection in other computer, will let you know if it works shortly...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That seems to have worked, thanks very much. It lets me sign in when on firefox but not explorer, presumably because the version I have is more up-to-date? Well i'm using my parents' connection at the moment, will try it back at home later today, though I have been convinced that it's the machine that was the problem, so fingers crossed.

Good stuff Phantom, get yourself a virtual beer on me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.