Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I send a Word document by e-mail to a friend, he can see the file fine, but cannot see the inserted photographs, only the text-box outlines.
I know photos cannot be seen in Normal view only in Print Layout. I have not checked the version of Windows he is running, but I'm pretty sure it's XP.

Is there any setting that should be ticked to enable the inserted photos to be viewed?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Go into tjhe menu, Tools, Options, View

Make sure Picture Placeholders is not turned on.

If it is turned on then it displays an empty box in place of each graphic in your document. It increases the speed at which you can scroll through and display a document that contains many graphics.

I hope that is what the problem is, otherwise c ome back.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
There is also another option in the Tools, Options, View page you need to check.

Under Print and Web Layout options, the Drawings box should have a tick in it.

Here is a link that might help you. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051898691033.aspx

If you look in the section Creating Drawing Objects and click on "I know I inserted a graphic, but I don't see it on the page." you should see the various issues.

If that doesn't help, then it may be a bit more technical and somebody else may need to help you.

Anyway give that a go and report back.

Happy New Year :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.