Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i updated to windows media player 11 and video was stuttering badly. for some reason video also became stuttery on divx player. so like an idiot instead of reading first and using add/remove programs in the control panel i used Your Uninstaller 2006 to remove everything the wmp 11 update installed. now it doesn't appear in the add/remove programs panel for me to rollback to wmp 10 like instructed on the microsoft site. and before someone suggests it, i keep system restore disabled so thats not an option.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i reinstalled wmp 11 through a different microsoft page than windows update and it now shows in the add/remove program panel so that isn't a problem anymore. if video still stutters i'll try the proper rollback instructions.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Have you tried downloading WMP10 and just installing it anyway?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i didn't try that. after i used Your Uninstaller to uninstall wmp 11 it really wasn't uninstalled. the Windows Media Player folder was still full so i couldn't reinstall it through the Windows Update page. it wasn't showing up on the Windows Update page so it still considered it installed. it did reinstall through this page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx
for some reason video isn't stuttering now so i'll keep it. i wouldn't be able to install wmp 10 if wmp 11 wasn't completely removed anyway right?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You should be able to but it's probably windows validation preventing illegal copying. There's probably a registery edit you can do to make it think it was never installed but I don't know what it is and don't want to run the risk of making your computer unusable.

If a more experienced tecchy drops by and says how to do it, fine but I don't want to, I hope you understand..

Glad to know you have it working, a strange thing is WMP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.