Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I keep running into this problem occassionally when I try to burn a copy of a cd. I first try to drag the cd on the desktop from my cdrw drive but 95% of the way I get a "cannot read disk error" they're not copy protected or anyhting, just vcd's. Is there a program that works better at copying from cd drive than windows98? would defragging help?

· Registered
138 Posts
Originally posted by ej:
Hi, I keep running into this problem occassionally when I try to burn a copy of a cd. I first try to drag the cd on the desktop from my cdrw drive but 95% of the way I get a "cannot read disk error" they're not copy protected or anyhting, just vcd's. Is there a program that works better at copying from cd drive than windows98? would defragging help?
The Cd might have been closed right, I would only try doing one file at a time to see which file does caused this problem so you know the next time.
And when your copying again try a slow speed so it doesn't miss anything cause that does happen and a file or two get corrupt.

Jay

· Registered
6,832 Posts
Use the copy utility of your mastering software. Select your burner as both source and destination. It should check the box to make a temp image on the hard drive when you do that. After it copies the CD to your hard drive it will ask for a blank CD. Don’t use one that has been formatted.

It seems you might be trying to copy the CD using packet writing, which is not the way to copy a CD.

· Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats the problem, in nero it can't seem to complete creating the image file, it gets an error at 94%. Thats when I tried just copying the file to my desktop, but couldn't complete the copy there either. Could there be a prob when it was burned? The vcd plays fine in my dvd and pc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.