Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hi Seward

Here's a transcript of a Word helpfile that may be of some use:
When I try to print a document or envelope, nothing happens.
Check your printer setup in Windows Printing from your computer is primarily controlled by settings in Windows. Determine whether your printer setup in Windows is correct by using the Windows Print Troubleshooter. On the Windows Start menu, click Help. Click the Index tab, and then type print troubleshooting. Click Display, and then follow the instructions in the Print Troubleshooter.

Check the Microsoft Word printer settings If the Windows printer setup looks correct, check the Word printer settings to make sure that the selected printer matches the printer you're using. On the File menu, click Print, and then click the name of the printer you want to use in the Name box.

Make sure that the page range you've selected in the Print dialog box corresponds to the pages you want to print.
If these checks don't help, or you have already been down this route, (which I suspect you have) have you made any changes to your system recently that you think might be related to printing/Word? What printer do you have? Do any error messages come up? When Word printing fails, does the printer icon appear in your system tray(botton right of screen) as it normally would when a print task is being executed?

Purely as a precaution you could run a virus scan, though I doubt this is the cause.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have tried these suggestions-really appreciate your response. what other ideas do you have-anything and everything is appreciated. i don't understand why my emails print but when i try to print a file (could be an email sent to word) from MS Word, it doesn't do it. the printer goes thru the motions, the paper goes thru the printer but no ink on the paper. i have ordered new cartridges, we will see if that solves the problem.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What type of printer is it? Try downloading and installing the latest driver for your printer... if you're not sure how to do it, post back and we'll give some step by step instructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.