Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cant install or use any cd roms in d drive

574 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Styxx 
#1 ·
tried to install cd rom wont let me says make sure path and file names are correct and that all required libarys are available when i try to use a cd ive alreay installed say d drive is not accessiable or sometimes it says please insert cd rom in drive when it is in the drive

#2 ·
Refresh the drivers through Device Manager in SafeMode.

In safemode, right-click My computer; choose properties; click the device manager tab; click the plus sigb beside CDROM; Highlight each device inside in turn and click the add/remove button foe each one. Restart using the Start buttom.

Windows will redetect the CDROM and refresh the drivers.

If the CDROM needs the plugs reseated on the back of the drive and/or where it plugs on the mainboard or, the CDROM is no good, then the drive will not be re-detected. That then will tell you if there';s further problems.

#4 ·
Sounds like the CDROM is bad. Get the bench-fee and hourly wage before you allow any service person to touch it if you have a pro-shop troubleshoot/fix it. A run-off-the-mill CDROM (Delta) is about $50. Takes 45 minutes to troiubleshoot and replace. Done it myself a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.