Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to update my video drivers, to see if that would resolve an earlier problem(involving Steam, and the Torchlight Demo). It was easy finding the Driver I wanted thanks to Nvidia's site. found it, downloaded it, went to install it. It would get about a third of the way and then stop displaying this in the window:

Component Version Status
PhysX System Software 260.99 Not Installed
Graphics Driver 260.99 Failed
3D Vision Driver 260.99 Not Installed.

~~~~
I then searched the web, found a couple suggestions: uninstall it, use Driver Sweeper, then reinstall it, after necessary reboots.

Nothing helps.
I've been working on this for about 5 hours now:(. I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer. If you need more info, ask.

Thanks!
Star
~~~~~

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 464836 MB, Free - 429474 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., G71GX, 1.00, NB-0123456789
Antivirus: None

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Bit of a slow reply, sorry, been away over the weekend.

Have you tried the most up to date drivers from Asus themselves?

http://support.asus.com/download/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Just put G71GX in the top left hand box and his search, then select g71gx or g71gx(bestbuy) dependant on which yours is, select your operating system and show all. I would make sure that all those drivers are up to date with the Asus sets first. On some occasions I have had problems using GPU manufacturer drivers on soem laptops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.